After nearly a year off, iZombie returns in just three weeks for a third season that’s expected to be bigger than the previous two combined as Liv and her team prepare for a potential zombie war in Seattle.
The preview starts out with the team promising not to keep secrets from one another anymore after the events of last season and also features the return of Andrea Savage’s Vivian Stoll, who gives Liv a pretty ominous warning about humanity’s future.
Check out the promo for the season premiere, titled “Heaven Just Got A Little Bit Smoother,” below:
Fellow Brainies, the season 3 buzz is finally starting for real! Thanks to KSiteTV, we now have the first official information about the upcoming iZombie season – “Heaven Just Got A Little Bit Smoother” is what they’re calling the April 4 premiere, and we have a description and some preview images! Check out the first 3 official stills in our gallery (link below), and stay tuned for more – we are sure we’ll soon have more stills, and probably some HQ versions as well! With the premiere being less than a month away, we can expect a lot of teasers over the next few weeks… And we are 100% ready!
YOUR FAVORITE ZOM-COM-ROM-DRAM IS BACK FOR SEASON 3 — Liv (Rose McIver) has discovered there are more zombies living in Seattle than she previously believed. In fact, there’s a private military contractor employing a small zombie army, and that army is preparing for the day humans learn of their existence. Major (Robert Buckley) was exonerated for the crimes of the Chaos Killer, but is still considered a pariah. He manages to land a job with the one and only place that will hire him. Meanwhile, Blaine (David Anders) is accused of lying. Malcolm Goodwin and Rahul Kohli also star. Dan Etheridge directed the episode written by Rob Thomas (IZ301). Original airdate 4/4/2017.
Since Rose news are slow at the moment, I want to share with you an iZombie promotional video which I didn’t even know existed until today! It’s airing in Spain and Portugal at the moment to promote the show (possibly other countries as well), and includes some cast footage we haven’t seen before. It’s pretty cool – a must check out! Thank you so much to my friend Neide for making me aware of this. She has also agreed to help me out here at Rose McIver Online, which I am very excited about! Stay tuned for some big updates the next days…
CW released yesterday a behind the scenes video from iZombie’s cast season 3 photoshoot. And in case you were wondering, yes the photoshoot was taken during San Diego Comic Con most specifically in CW’s Yatch. You can watch the video down bellow, and check out screen captures from it in our gallery!
Source | The fierce star of iZombie, Rose McIver dropped by Wizard World Chicago to chat with her fans and it was great! (If you aren’t watching, check out these 14 reasons to watch iZombie RIGHT NOW!) iZombie is going into it’s third season in 2017 on the CW and after one of the BEST finales ever, fans couldn’t wait to ask Rose their burning questions. Our very own Lindi moderated her panel and here is what we learned:
1. Rose hates the taste of the yucky gelatin brain substance, so she uses a spit bucket!
2. In Season 3, we will get to see Liv as a dominatrix and a hippie.
3. It takes about 1.5 hours for Rose to get into full zombie makeup.
4. It takes about 1.5 hours for the makeup crew to tame Rahul Kohli’s hair.
5. Her favorite “brain” was the magician, mostly because she got to learn the magic tricks and loved it.
6. Season 3 will start about 3 minutes after the ending of the Season 2 finale.
7. Brain she would most want to eat? Steven Avery, so she could finally learn the truth.
8. She would love to do a crossover with The Flash or the other CW superhero shows, because Liv is a hero too!
9. Her favorite shows growing up were Full House, Simpsons, The Nanny and Friends.
10. She is delightful. (That was our observation, but still. FACT!)
We can’t flippin’ wait for Season 3 of iZombie and now we are even more pumped! What was your favorite brain that Liv ate? Hit the comments and tell us!
iZombie returns to the CW in 2017.
Source | Aside from the purported zombie war happening in “iZombie” season 3, fans are also anticipating Liv Moore’s love story, who has never been lucky when it comes to her romantic relationships.
Loyal followers of the series know that Liv’s (Rose McIver) boyfriends always end up dead. Lowell (Bradley James) and Drake (Greg Finley) both died in seasons 1 and 2, respectively, leaving Liv alone. McIver even joked before that nobody wanted to be cast as her love interest because they know they would end biting the dust.
However, during last month’s San Diego Comic Con, executive producer Rob Thomas teased that Liv would have a new boyfriend in the third installment. “Liv will have a love interest this year who does not die,” he told TV Line.
He quickly added, though, that Liv still won’t have a happily ever after with her new boyfriend and that they would break up by season 3’s finale. However, Thomas notes that “whoever that is, the relationship will not end because of death.”
Thomas might have likewise teased that the romance between Liv and ex-fiancé Major (Robert Buckley) would be rekindled in season 3, something that fans have been speculating on. However, he didn’t offer any formal confirmation of that angle, so fans would have to wait until season 3 starts airing to find out for sure.
Meanwhile, The CW has confirmed that “iZombie” would see a shorter third season containing only 13 episodes. That is three episodes shorter than season 2’s offering. According to TV Insider, fans surmised that poor ratings have to do with the network’s decision to make season 3 shorter.
“iZombie” premiered with a whopping 2.29 million viewership in 2014, but it dropped to a measly 1.53 million viewers in the season 2 premiere based on 18-49 demographics, according to Nielsen, as reported by Zap2It’s TV by the Numbers.
Still, some fans say that a season with 13 episodes is normal for a show that premieres midseason. Neither the network nor Thomas has yet to speak out on this matter.
“iZombie” season 3 is expected to premiere sometime in January as part of The CW’s midseason roster. In the meantime, stay tuned for more updates about the series’ upcoming installment.
The full iZombie panel from the San Diego Comic-Con has now been uploaded to youtube! Everyone who didn’t watch it live should make sure to watch it below, as we learned a lot of fun and exciting things about the upcoming season of the show. I added high quality photos of the panel to our gallery yesterday as well, which can be found here. Enjoy!
Rose McIver, Malcolm Goodwin, Rahul Kohli, David Anders, Aly Michalka, and other series regulars join Rob Thomas at San Diego Comic Con 2016 for the iZombie Panel in Ballroom 20. This is the 3rd season of the hit CW show.
Rose and her iZombie co-stars were interviewed by EW Radio at San Diego Comic-Con last night! They argued over who the best rapper on the cast is – find out who they think by listening to the interview below. Maybe we’ll get to hear some of Rose’s famous lyrics in the third season of the show? We can certainly hope!
The 2016 iZombie San Diego Comic-Con panel has completed, and we’ve summed up some of the most important things we learned from it for you! There will hopefully be a video of it online soon, like last year, and if so; then we will of course let you know. Rose changed into a beautiful black dress before the panel, and we have added some photos to the gallery thanks to Candiss, Lily and Julie. Plenty more to come tomorrow…
The panel started with a season two highlight reel (watch it below!). Liv as a superhero, a burping bro, an exotic danger, a gambling addict, a magician, a oversexed erotica writer, and a furious old curmudgeon. Rob Thomas name-dropping. Ravi and Peyton’s memorable makeout scene. Blaine’s capture of major, his assasination by Mr. Boss, and subsequent rising among frightened girl scouts. And of course, that cliffhanger. “Are you with us? Or against us?” What an amazing season it was.
1) Rob Thomas says that the main complaint from Season 2 is still that they killed off Lowell in Season 1. The creators know people are upset about Lowell, but he is truly dead.
2) There will be more likable characters introduced, more recurring characters like Ken Marino.
3) Rose says that the taste of the brains has definitely improved.
4) Rose didn’t want to be a diva in the beginning so she didn’t complain about the brains – but the boys did! She says the guys were “such babies” about the jelly brains/hot sauce combo they have to eat.
5) Next season will have two-part episode with Liv and Clive solving a crime in one ep and Peyton prosecuting it in the next
6) David want #iZombie to cross over with #GameofThrones. Aly says she wants #ScreamQueen. Rose wants one with Whose Line Is It Anyway.
7) Rose asked that #iZombie fans start/support this hashtag: #FullFrontalForRahul
8) Rob says Mr. Boss’ storyline will go away for the beginning of the season. They want to go elsewhere. He’ll return down the line.
9) Twitter was most upset about Minor being abandoned. Diane assures he reunited with his newly freed owner.
10) A lot of the season will revolve around Fillmore Graves and Vivian.
11) Vivian Stoll’s impact on Liv will be evident in the second act of the premiere.
12) They have already planned the season finale!
13) Everyone will be on the same page at the beginning of the season. There will be no secrets.
14) Rob Thomas and David Anders both admit that they didn’t think that Blaine would live through two seasons.
15) Liv will eat a dominatrix’s brain next season on #iZombie. “She’s going to be the BEST dom,” says Diane Ruggiero-Wright. Her safe word will be Ficus according to producers.
16) Rob says in season 3 Major is on the hunt for Natalie! He wants to find her and fulfill the promise he made her.
17) If Rahul had to eat brains, he’d eat them in a green curry sauce. Rob would eat them deep fried. Malcolm, in Mac and cheese. Aly would eat brain nachos, Rose would do brain chili.
18) Lots of singing went on with the iZombie cast! “Broken Glass,” Yentl and more
19) Rose loves all the different things she learns from playing different brains, but didn’t enjoy the racist brain. She did feel it was a good thought exercise, and it made her consider what makes people think that way.
20) Dianne: Gryffindor; David: Slytherin; Rahul: Gryffindor; Rob: Hufflepuff; Aly and Rose: Gryffindor
21) Liv & Ravi performed “Mammas Don’t Let Your Babies Grow Up to Be Cowboys” in the country singer ep but it got cut for time
22) Rahul made sure to come along with Rose and Aly when they filmed at the strip club in Season 2.
23) There will be a new wig this season for Rose as Liv! “We’re excited how it’s going to look. It’s going to be even better.” – Rose.
24) Rose can’t bleach her hair for real, describes her hair as a “bail of hay hot glued to her scalp”.
25) Rob says we’re going to get a morally complex character and we want her to be tough and bad-ass. *Vivian.
26) Rose says she loves interacting with fans on social media and the fans dressing up as their characters.
Source | “iZombie” won’t be back on The CW until 2017, but with the show set to start production on Season 3 in mere days, there’s plenty to tease about what’s to come.
Speaking to Zap2it at San Diego Comic-Con, executive producer Diane Ruggiero-Wright dropped a very fun hint at some of the brains they’ll be tackling this season — namely two that will cause a major shift in Liv (Rose McIver) and Major’s (Robert Buckley) relationship.
“In the second episode they’re on complimentary brains — not the same brain but brains that have a relationship together,” she says. “They eat the brains of a dad and daughter.”
Being that this is “iZombie” though, the former engaged lovers being a parent and child isn’t the only humorous little tilt being thrown at them in the episode. As Ruggiero-Wright continues, “Liv is the dad and Major is the belligerent teenager. It should be pretty fun.”
Just sit back and imagine Major as a teenage girl giving attitude to her dad — Liv. Season 3 cannot get here soon enough.